Sunday, October 16, 2011

Guest Blogger: Henry


My name is Henry. I’d like to tell other teens who don’t use the library that they should definitely check it out. There is more to do here than they may think. They have cool programs like Lunch Loteria,Teen Book Swap, and monthly contests and they’re free. They have all kinds of stuff to read like magazines, graphic novels, manga, and more. My favorite book from the library is Killing Mr. Griffin.

Even if you don’t like to read, the library has great stuff like movies and music. I bet if you look or ask a librarian for help, you’ll find something good! And at a time when my parents and everyone else is trying to spend less money, the library is the perfect place to go. My library also has computers I can use for homework, to keep in touch with my friends and family. Also, parents should go to the library, too! They can see all of the resources the library has for the whole family.

October 17 to November 18 is Teen Read Month and my librarian, Ms. Hunter says that the theme for Teen Read Month is "Picture It! @ your library" which is great because it includes so much! I can read about movies, photography, cartooning or even a graphic novel. If I can read it, I can picture it!

So, don’t forget to read a book and check out the library!